Version 0.23.8: WILD METAMORPHOSIS Update
September 30, 2019
- Wild Metamorphosis has been added to the game! It can be enabled from the Loadout menu. At least temporarily, this Challenge Mode is not gated behind any unlocks
- 12 common Wild Mods have been added to the game!
- 12 rare Wild Mods have been added to the game!
- Wild Metamorphosis now plays the remixed version of the 6 standard BGM tracks! Later, this may change to be a mix with the other tracks, and may not play in this order
- The Research ship has learned a new ability. It now gains 1% total Hull Strength and Shield Durability for every banished mod (through any means)
Quality of Life Changes
- Hidden Power now refunds your Weapon Gear upgrade point, if you spent one
- Rapid Reconstruction now refunds your Shield Gear upgrade point, if you spent one
- Shield Gear is now selected before Body Gear
- Improved the visuals and transitions for upgrading
Blade Weapon Changes
- Blade has been reworked. Blade can now be utilized by other constructs, Burst Fire, Siege Weaponry, Saturation Fire, and Barrage
- Blade's stats have been changed. As a result, Blades created by the player are effectively the same power they previously were, and 25% weaker and 15% smaller when deployed by other constructs. Blades deployed by constructs also do not fire submunitions
- A Burst-Fired blade is deployed one at a time instead of in a spread
- Blades (and any future constructs) not deployed by you cannot be shielded or employ shield effects from the Shielded Constructs mod
- Blades have a rate of fire of 1/s for the purposes of all calculations. When deployed by the player, this is effectively bypassed at the cost of using assembly and construct limits, as usual
- Blades attempt to return to their launcher. If a launcher doesn't exist, they take 60 hull damage /s
- Architect stat bonuses and limitations only apply to Blades it directly created (For example, Blades created by an Ally construct won't be beefy or be detonated by Architect's ability, but the Ally construct which fired the blade will be)
- Pulse has been reworked and has received new artwork, which occludes visibility less
- Blast-based weapons (currently only Pulse) now fire in a cluster when used with Loaded Mines. The number of Pulses created depend on your rate of fire and mine effect modifiers
- Pulse now works with Barrage (As it has no primary projectiles, it will Pulse once and then barrage the secondary projectiles)
- Pulse secondary projectiles are now affected by most anything that would alter size, homing, velocity, and so on (including Cloaking, Charged Shot, Skirmish, etc.)
- Pulse secondary projectiles are now affected by Splinter Shot
- Pulse was double-dipping modifiers to blast radius. This is no longer true. The base size has been made larger to compensate, especially the outer ring, which is now considerably larger
- 135 x2 -> 180 / 90 Pulse base damage. This means that the inner ring now deals twice as much damage as the outer ring (66.67%)
- Pulse shards are now smaller and deal 50% of the damage of the inner pulse
Gear Balance Changes
- Vortex has been made more consistent with other weapons
- Vortex base damage has been reduced ~10%
- Shields, apart from Bastion, have had their cooldown made faster by .5 seconds
- Shields with cooldown are now more resistant to having their cooldown reduced by damage
- Helix shield spawns 3 orbs at a time instead of 2. A full rework of this shield is pending
- +3% -> 2% total construct assembly speed per downed construct for Engineer body's innate ability, Priority Zero
- 90 -> 100 Halo shield durability
- 135 -> 130 Bastion shield durability
- 90 -> 85 Research body hull strength
- -10% -> -15% Research body shield durability
- 80 -> 90 Courser body hull strength
Other Balance Changes
- Essence Sap max hull rate recovered 6% -> 5%
- Antimatter Rounds base and scaling self-damage has been reduced slightly
- +30% -> 25% total bonus for Singular Strike
- Apex Machinery malus for construct assembly time +100% -> +70% (this is a buff). Bonuses to constructs 25% -> 30%
- Tactical Link is now a binary buff. If you're in the radius of an Advanced Construct, you and that construct have 8% hull damage resistance. It works on Bastion, even though it does not display a radius
- Player and drone projectiles don't collide with dead objects anymore. This makes a difference with weapons such as Flak which fire many projectiles at once
- Loaded Mines now uses a different formula for calculating how many projectiles it should create. It works similarly to the Wild Mod, Death Blossom. Projectile count scaling and a projectile floor results in roughly the same power level for heavy weapons and a stronger result for high projectile count or high rate-of-fire weapons
- Loaded Mines now varies the speed of projectiles with most weapons
- Weapon recoil is now an additively stacking property
- Burnout Reactors no longer increases the damage of Self Destruction. Adding the ability to scale with burn damage is more than enough
- The mechanic which governs how much shield effect and radius is lost based on how many constructs it is spread across has been made less generous
- Capped player speed at 75 pixels per second
- The enemy boss, the Seraph, has had the damage on its orbs and Tesla mine reduced
- The enemy boss, the Spitfire, now summons Pulsar enemy adds
Version 0.22.4: MAYHEM Update
June 27, 2019
- Increased the maximum Account level to 59
- Added a new super mod at Account Level 54: Displacement
- Added a new super mod at Account Level 55: Burnout Reactors
- Added a new super mod at Account Level 56: Singular Strike
- Added a new super mod at Account Level 57: Barrage
- Added a new body gear at Account Level 58: Courser
- Added a new challenge mode at Account Level 59: Mayhem
- Changed the default windowed mode size to 1440 x 810
- Nova Drift received a huge overhaul to the way text and descriptions are handled. It is now very easy to maintain, write, and translate. The stage has been set for international localization!
- 2% -> 1.5% Essence Sap recovery
- Self destruction has had its scaling adjusted, and now hits once instead of twice
- Most instances of weapon blast radius scale less from damage
- Vortex now scales with rate of fire modifiers, and has had its base charge rate reduced proportionately
- Vortex can now be used with Burst Fire, with a behavior identical to Burst Fire Charged Shot with other weapons. As a result, it also works with Barrage. Folded its firing logic into the standard script
- Flak now has a slightly improved range, and waits a moment to begin degeneration. Its spread has also been reduced slightly
- Siphon's base shield radius has been slightly increased
- Purge now uses 100% of an enemy's ignite instead of 75%
- Drone movement speed 5 -> 6
- +25 -> +30 Rapid Reconstruction base hull
- Flak waits additional frames before degenerating, making it more resistant to size-reducing effects
June 4, 2019
New Gear and Mods:
- Added a new Body Gear: Viper
- Added a new Weapon Gear: Dart
- Added a new Shield Gear: Siphon
- The Efficiency and Thruster trees have been restructured and have become three trees, with four new mods. The trees are now called: "Kinetics, Efficiency, and Movement"
- Added a new mod: Kinetic Boost (tier 1 Kinetics)
- Added a new mod: Blink (tier 3 Movement)
- Added a new mod: Conversion (tier 2 Efficiency)
- Added a new mod: Regression (tier 3 Efficiency)
- Aegis, Celestial Lance and Emergency Systems moved to the Kinetics tree
- Blink replaces Emergency Systems in the Movement tree
- Conversion replaces Celestial Lance in the Efficiency tree
- Gemini Protocol becomes a tier 2 mod in the Efficiency tree, replacing Aegis
- Regression becomes a tier 3 mod in the Efficiency Tree, replacing Gemini Protocol
- Rebirth and Magnetism have been removed from the standard mod pool (they are slated to possibly become Wild Mods)
- Base magnetism has been increased to compensate for the loss of the Magnetism mod
- Ally takes the place of unlocking Magnetism
- Kinetic Boost takes the place of unlocking Rebirth
- Dart, Viper, and Siphon shield are unlocked at Account Level 51, 52, and 53 respectively. You will need to play a bit to earn them
Other Major Features:
- Enabled Steam and game screenshots with F12. The game will add your screenshot to your C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\NovaDrift\ folder (not ideal, but it's a temporary solution) Steam screenshots are kept on your profile
- Mouse, Keyboard and Gamepad now cohabitate without changing the settings. If you want to use the mouse or gamepad, just start moving it. Keyboard controls resume if you stop moving the mouse or gamepad stick. If automatic mouse aim detection is interfering (or you have a track pad) you can disable it in settings with "Disable Mouse Aim Detection"
- You may now cancel an upgrade at any time. If you do, you will be offered the same mods as the last time when you do upgrade
- If you do not cancel your upgrade, rerolls and successive levels will never show you the same mods in a row if it can be avoided
- Added new sfx for big bosses approaching, the player's launch, Dart, caustic Barrier, Venom Strike, and Siphon
- The score menu now accepts up to 16 characters, like its 1990
- Calibrate has new artwork
- Added a colorful, more noticeable aim-scope
- Mouse controls now uses a proportional derivative controller
- Lowered the base friction of the player about 5%
- Updated the pause readout. It now shows your DPS, which also has a section for the DPS assuming all projectiles hit. It also calculates doubled projectiles (Torrent and Blaster) and burst fire in the equation. It does not consider secondary effects or projectiles from weapons, such as Dart's burn or Grenade's cluster munitions
- You can now hold control to add larger increments in the debug wave interface. Hold Ctrl for +/- 10 waves at a time. Hold Alt for +/- 100 waves at a time
- Sanctuary's recovery now scales with shield durability. The result is about 30% better at very high durabilities, and about half of what it was at the lowest durabilities
- Hullbreaker now must face its target to penetrate (Just as Viper must face its target to deliver Caustic Barrier)
- The sub-ability of Omnishield which enables a partial shield cooldown when you've taken damage during an existing shield cooldown has been made a core ability, at a lesser power level. Taking Omnishield now doubles the effectiveness of this ability
- Shield Size now scales visually with both your base ship size and ship size modifiers, including Bastion size and distance from your nose
- -15 -> -10% body size modifier for Streamline (in light of the addition of Regression)
- Purge has been reworked. The formula has been adjusted to properly consider the individual duration and potency of each burn instead of multiplying everything together. Purge's size now uses a square root value to prevent it from growing out of control. Using purge now results in 75% of the damage you would have dealt, had the damage over time been allowed to run its full course
- Warp Strike continues to have far too much sway over the balance of the game, so I've dealt with it in a different way. Its damage penalty now applies only to projectiles which have screen wrapped. These projectiles deal -35% damage. It is still very powerful
- Warp Strike penalty now deals you 5 flat damage to hull and shields in addition to 15%. This cannot reduce you to below 1 hull and shields
- -10% -> -12% rate of fire for Warp Strike
- Barrier has been reworked. The new rules are: Barrier removes damage to your shields exceeding 35% of your maximum shield durability, up to a limit of your maximum shield durability
- -50% -> -30% Rocket Drones fire rate penalty
- +25% -> +30% drone hull from Reinforced Drones
- 7 -> 6s Drone Assembly time
- -90% -> -85% Omnishield hull penalty (this might limit the insanity of self-triggered retribution mines builds)
- +50% -> +45% architect bonuses
- 1s -> .75s Emergency Systems duration
- 10 -> 12 iFrames for collision on Non-hullbreaker bodies
- -10% -> -15% projectile size for Convergence
- Burst Fire has been reworked. It now adds a flat delay between burst fires (.04 seconds) and a general +20% increase to rate of fire. The result is that mod has different values for different loadouts. Generally speaking, it is now slightly detrimental for very fast firing weapons, and efficient for very slow weapons. Middling weapons like Dart benefit reasonably well from it. The rate of fire increase also benefits things like Charged Shot, Salvo, and Loaded Mines, etc. The pause readout will show you the effect on your DPS for your particular set up. I realize this has strange implications for a few things, which can be addressed moving forward
- Incendiary Strike no longer has a rate of fire penalty
- Blink is now a prerequisite to Warp Strike instead of Guidance (This seems more thematic to me, and adds an effective higher mod count requirement for builds that really want to push weapons to the limit)
- Calibrate rate increased slightly
- 15 -> 18 Antimatter Rounds damage bonus
- Antimatter rounds deals 5% less self-damage
- Antimatter Rounds self-knockback reduced considerably
- Corrosion deals +10% base damage
- -15% -> -10% weapon damage for Corrosion
- Saturation Fire is now considerably better at reducing weapon spread
Bug Fixes and Optimizations
- Myriad syntax, text, and UI improvements
- Optimized texture atlas
- Optimized homing code
- Optimized discharge code
- Optimized trails, it is also now possible to taper and use multiple colors in jet trails
- Fixed Scion projectile origins
- Fixed a bug with splinter strike where it was improperly inheriting size modifiers from whence it came
- Fixed a bug where you couldn't detonate your Bastion with Hidden Power Architect on gamepad
- Fixed a freeze with the gamepad with Architect Bastion under weird settings circumstances
- Fixed another gamepad freeze related to construct selection
- Fixed a bug with Volatile Shields excluding the initial target
- Fixed a problem where partial cooldowns didn't work at all with Omnishield
- Fixed a problem with reroll powerups being deleted
- Split shot now degenerates properly
- Fixed a bug where Turret utilized Rocket Drones explosions
- Fixed a bug where parts of Station Omega could be Terminated
- Fixed Antimatter Rounds text exceeding its bounding box
- Overseer now properly displays itself as a prerequisite to construct Super Mods
- Fixed a crash with Blade's artwork
- Clarified and corrected a few achievements
- Fixed Stealth jet stream alignment
- Fixed a crash relating to trails and Blade Drone
- Fixed a bug with infinitely wrapping Warp-Strike Railgun projectiles
- Fixed some incorrect tags on descriptions.
- Elite chance is now correct if you teleport using debug cheats
May 8, 2019
We've successfully migrated the game from GameMaker Studio to GameMaker 2! This is a huge leap forward in stability, portability, support, and performance. Additionally, we can now compile to Linux and OSX using the native compiler, and its a step closer to console ports!
Naturally, with an engine transition comes different problems for different hardware configurations and software. I can say with confidence that more people are now able to play on this version than than before, but some people did encounter new problems. Most of them have easy solutions, such as restarting, disabling third party software, white listing on antiviruses, or reinstalling. Problems with OBS can be solved through OBS configuration settings. Failing that, please contact Chimeric directly with problems:
Construct Balance Changes
- Made a large revision to how construct rate of fire and assembly speed modifiers are applied. Modifiers now actually do what they say they do. Previously, a large amount of this was misleading and resulted in the critical mass of construct power we saw in the previous patch
- Constructs now aim at targets using a PD (proportional-derivative) controller. It gives aiming some ease in and ease out (Its smoother in appearance)
- The Engineer and the Architect have been further balanced. While there may appear to be a huge defensive gap between them, this comes as a result of the comparatively huge "effective defense" increase of spamming constructs everywhere. Additionally, Architect's overlarge size has been considered
- 90 -> 85 Engineer base hull strength
- -10% -> -15% Engineer shield durability
- 40% -> 50% Architect construct bonuses
- 115 -> 120 Architect base hull strength
- Overclock now ramps up-- and back down-- more gradually
- +50% -> +40% total rate of fire increase from Overclock
- 180 -> 150 Ally hull, back to their original hull values (to compensate for their enhanced functionality)
- Ally basic weapon rate of fire 3/s -> 2/s
- Overseer has lost its generic 10% increase to assembly speed, but retains the scaling aspect
- Shielded Constructs +10 to base hull becomes +5 to base hull and +5% hull strength
- Amp shield's effect now fully benefits shielded constructs, gaining additional benefits from being near hazards. Note that this works for Blade Drone
- 25 -> 22s Turret assembly time
- 32 -> 30 Ally assembly time
- 8 -> 7s Drone assembly time
- Turret hull strength 70 -> 100
- Pursuit formation drone speed 2.5 -> 5
Gear Balance Changes
- Research has been overhauled, and no longer provides an experience bonus. It turns out this benefit was mostly illusory anyway, due to the nature of the exp curve. Instead:
- Research now allows you to banish mods from the mod pool by spending a reroll
- Research no longer gives you double rerolls
- 70 -> 85 Research base hull strength
- -30% -> -15% Research shield durability
- Added a banish tutorial element / button
- Torrent has been overhauled, and is now handled as a "twin" projectile, like the default Blaster. The following changes make it less "spammy" and more performant, while remaining effective with greater damage and more useful bullet positioning
- Torrent spread now affects pairs of Torrent projectiles, and not individual projectiles. This results in a more aesthetic and useful spread, especially at very high projectile counts, or when used with spread-reducing mods
- 8 -> 3 x 2 Torrent projectiles
- 16 -> 20 Torrent damage per projectile
- 5.25 -> 4.25 Torrent velocity
- Torrent projectiles degrade more slowly, but also start slightly less large. They are overall more persistent.
- Targeting rate has been accelerated for fleeting projectiles which degrade (Torrent, Flak, and especially Pulse secondary projectiles)
- 65 -> 75 Grenade base damage
- 10% slower Grenade base fire rate
- Grenade proximity detonate radius 25 -> 20 (trying to find the right balance between utility and allowing the enemy inside the blast radius)
- Grenade clusters have ~5% more range
- 16 -> 17 Split Shot base damage
- 11 -> 13 base spread / projectile for Railgun
- 6.75s -> 7s Amp shield cooldown (Still tier 1, but tied with Warp)
- 7s -> 7.5s Default shield cooldown (Still tier 2, now tied with Halo)
- 18% -> 15% velocity and spread improvement for the Assault body
- Changed the way Blast Radius works for non-blast innate weaponry. The added splash damage now ignores the original target (As a result, Blast Radius no longer results in Corrosion getting double the stacks for such weapons)
- Blast Radius no longer decreases the damage of the initial hit at all
- Splinter projectiles now exclude the original target as well. Screen wrapping projectiles are able to hit once again. This also helps with Torrent's corrosive tyranny
- Corrosion spread works differently now. When an enemy with corrosion stacks dies, it adds stacks equal to its hull times .02, and then divides the stacks evenly across all targets in its radius
- Corrosion radius increased 160 -> 175
- Corrosion base damage per stack .02 -> .035
- Corrosion decay rate factor per duration .92 -> .85
- TL;DR Corrosion changes: It's less extreme with spammy weapons, and less bad with heavy weapons. Blast radius matters far less for optimizing it. Its worse at single target damage and better at proliferation and clearing, though it no longer proliferates out of control
- Hidden power, regenerative shields, and several upcoming Wild Mods now use a new percentile modifier to regeneration rate instead of adding a flat rate like other regeneration mods
- 12 -> 15% Convergence velocity and rate of fire penalty
- +50% -> +75 weapon spread increase from Convergence
- 0 -> +10% weapon spread from Homing Strike
- Rancor's charge boost has been reduced considerably
- 25% -> 20% total damage boost for Blitz
- -18% -> -20% hull and shields for Apotheosis
- 4 -> 3 base rerolls
- 35% -> 30% of your shield cooldown for Emergency Systems' minimum duration
- 9000 -> 9001 singularity damage per second to enemies, as per request
- Seraph boss warp blast radius increased
- Scion boss accelerates after spawning a black hole
- Scion are now immune to the pull of black holes
- Scion spawns Beamcasters slightly more often
- More hull for Pulsar, Spitfire, Scion, Tesla Mine, and some Warbringer parts
- Pulsars and Wardens enter with less speed
- Less hull for Constructor Barrier-Drones
- Champion Serpents turn less quickly while firing their laser
- Enemy speeds and chances to become elite or champion above wave 100 advance faster. This is a temporary solution until stronger enemies and uber bosses are added
- Set a new, more consistent precedent for Splinter Shot's projectile count and power levels
- The game settings now have a new toggle for controls style: Analog and digital. Digital is how it previously worked. Analog lets you get a little ramp up on keyboard, and on Gamepad it utilizes the stick sensitivity. Analog controls allow finer aiming, but take some getting used to
- Added a few more tips to the game over screen
- The Warbringer music "Ares" has been updated
- Random asteroid adds are 10% more frequent
- Comets spawn with greater position variance
- Dozens of optimizations and improved game structure
- Toned down the brightness of the red sun background element which was causing visibility problems
- Hidden Power and Mastery now have more useful descriptions
- Thanks to the engine migration, the game no longer crashes at restart or game end!
- Interceptor's bonuses were accidentally applied in Integrated Weaponry instead of Interceptor, this has been fixed
- Turret no longer cease fires at very high rates of fire
- Fixed a Blade blast radius interaction crash
- Fixed a problem with Scion and the temporal effect
- Fixed a problem with Terminate proccing over and over on Station Omega (and actually potentially healing it!)
- Rapid Reconstruction no longer blocks Emergency Systems from being selected
- Fixed a crash with emergency systems being unable to find a dead player
- Retribution no longer bypasses Architect's one construct limit rule
- Fixed a bug with Railgun blast radius scaling from damage for both the base size and the growth rate
- Fixed a problem with Splinter and Homing Strike projectiles escaping the screen boundaries
- Fixed massive slowdown encountered at very low fire rates with Discharge. This is also a general optimization to Discharge
- Blade splinters can no longer be an emitter for discharge using Shielded Constructs
- Rewrote the high score save system, fixing a problem with saved scores being scrambled or misrepresented. Unfortunately, we cannot restore previously corrupted scores
- Removed the Early Access buttons until we can prevent the game from being flagged by antiviruses for opening links
- Fixed a problem where the player could be deleted if you paused during a certain time inside a black hole (!)
- Fixed a problem with the pause menu being invisible at a certain time while inside a black hole
- Players inside a black hole are invulnerable to further damage from other sources once they've entirely lost control
- Hives should no longer get stuck off screen
- Fixed dozens more caused by the transition from GameMaker 1 to 2. Too many to list
- Nearly completed the upcoming changes in the following mod trees: Movement, Energy Manipulation (formerly Efficiency), and a new tree, Kinetics. This change includes restructuring of these trees, and four new mods: Kinetic Boost, Blink, Regression, and Conversion. These changes are coming soon
- Made some progress on the upcoming Wild Metamorphosis game mode and Dart weapon. 7 Wild Mods have been completed.
- Created an upcoming Super Mod: Barrage
- Coming soon™: Directional facing controls as a third option for Analog and Digital control styles
April 6, 2019
This is a very aggressive batch of changes. Expect various tweaks to these values as we play test over the next few weeks, and probably a hot fix or two.
General and Quality of Life Changes
- The game has been zoomed out 5%, providing more room to maneuver. This feels right to me, but the change has a lot of subtle effects on game balance, so overall difficulty is something to observe moving forward. (Dynamic zoom is planned for the future.)
- The Settings menu now asks for confirmation before wiping your progress or high scores.
- Some of the faster enemies enter the arena with less initial speed. This, combined with the previous change, should make getting blitzed from off-screen somewhat less of a concern.
- Added an early access popup menu to the game providing useful links and information for new players.
- Burn damage numbers will display your burn damage over 1 second if you have "Show Damage Numbers" turned on in the settings.
- Salvo missile stockpiles now have a graphical HUD element.
- Experience orbs from enemies scatter a bit depending on the size of what spawned them.
- The default values for settings have been changed, defaulting to "Auto Deploy Drones" and "Show Enemy Hull Bars".
- Windowed mode, when toggled from the Settings menu, sets the window to a 16:9 aspect ratio instead of scaling from your monitor dimensions. More dynamic options are planned for the future.
- Added a better "finder" for when you screen wrap. There is much more work to do regarding player visibility.
- You won't lose your experience orbs as easily during the Scion boss fight.
- The Warbringer now has its own boss music: "Ares."
- Salvo jet trails have been optimized, and now are also included on Salvo Splinters. Drone Rockets also now have jet trails.
- The OSX version of the game can now enter debug mode.
- Game controls are now displayed longer.
- The Game End menu now displays your damage taken and highest damage dealt.
- Confirming your Upgrade with "fire" no longer fires your weapon.
- Continued to reduce the most excessive screen flash and blending cases.
- Further preparations for the engine switch to GameMaker 2 have been made.
- Various optimizations, particularly to jet trails, projectile targeting, Essense Sap, and constructs.
Game Balance: Constructs
- Drones and Allies now lead targets with their weapons, and are far more accurate as a result.
- Drones and Allies try to stay outside of the radius of their targets.
- Drones and Allies attempt to avoid hazards slightly.
- Allies with Integrated Weaponry have a less severe rate of fire penalty for your weapon, (potentially achieving very high values with Overclock, Architect, and other construct rate of fire boosts).
- Drones and Allies are better at multitasking. Defense Drones can target in Rampart formation, and Guardians can fight while approaching a healing target.
- Constructs have smoother transitions when moving between formations and targets.
- Elegant Construction now has +.4% total construct assembly speed per your level.
- Overseer now has +10% faster construct assembly speed in addition to its construct count scaling element. Additionally, its slowing debuff has been increased from -2% -> -2.5% per standard and advanced construct assembly total.
- +18% -> 20% hull damage resistance for Shielded Constructs. It now also has +10 base hull.
- Apex Machinery now has +15% shield effect power.
- 110 -> 115 architect hull.
- In light of changes to assembly speed, 12 -> 14s Bastion Shield base assembly time.
Game Balance: Self Damage
- Siege Weaponry has been revamped. It no longer damages you until you've fired twice in succession. It now uses a different formula for dealing self-damage independent of when you fire, meaning it is equally aggressive regardless of your rate of fire or chosen weapon. Additionally, the rate of fire curve has been reworked, providing large increases up-front and tapering off over time.
- Saturation Fire now fully replaces the calibrate effect, calibrating while you're ramping up siege weaponry and granting reduced spread, increased velocity, and increased targeting at a reduced value compared to standard calibrate.
- Antimatter Rounds has been adjusted. The flat self-damage it deals has been increased. This mod is potentially extremely strong, and was designed to be a balancing act of value between rate of fire, projectile count, and DPS. As a result, its less "safe" on very rapid fire weapons.
- Antimatter Rounds is less exploitable by Salvo, which now uses a modified formula to compensate for the fact that its base cost is almost entirely circumvented by the stockpile mechanic.
- Weapon self-damage that scaled with your adjusted rate of fire now scales with your weapon base rate of fire.
- Previously, a bug existed where your self-damage resistance didn't work on Siege Weaponry and Antimatter Rounds. This has been fixed.
- +5% self-damage taken from Celestial Lance.
- 25% -> 20% self-damage resistance for the Stealth body gear.
- Self-damage resistance for hull and shields are now displayed on the pause menu.
- Drones with your shield receiving self-shield-damage hits (discharge) now properly create Helix orbs on them instead of you.
General Game Balance
- Temporal Shield's shield effect has been reworked. It is now integrated better with the global enemy speed increases over high waves. Additionally, Elites, Champions, and Bosses resist the effects in more consistent ways.
- The Stealth body gear now gains +20% total weapon damage from breaking stealth.
- Channeling 2% -> 1% total shield effect per armor stack. As a multiplicative effect with a max stack of 50, this was way over tuned.
- Knockback Resistance now also resists any recoil from weapons and mods.
- Certain enemy powers were hit too hard by the inclusion of i-frames. To compensate, Scatterdrone, Pulsar, and Seraph bullet damage has been slightly increased.
- -15% -> -18% hull and shields from Apotheosis.
- -80% -> -75% hull and shields from Last Stand's reincarnation. The explosion damage has been increased greatly, and you have three seconds if i-frames after being reborn.
- 15% -> 12% Terminate "cull" threshold.
- 20% -> 25% Blitz bonus on full hull.
- -10% -> -15% rate of fire for Splinter. Splinters deal slightly more damage. This change was made to improve performance and reduce screen clutter.
- Splinter is now more generous with submunitions, for instance allowing Grenade more clusters per splinter.
- Hullbreaker's recovery rate bonus now works on Sanctuary, as it should (hooray?) And text describing this bonus has been made more consistent.
- 115 -> 120 base hull for Battery.
- Vortex is now able to trigger Terminate.
- Rancor has been toned down considerably. It's still very potent.
- Warp Strike no longer reduces your hull and shields. Instead, it has a new drawback: Screen wrapping yourself removes 15% of your current hull and shields. Removal can't be mitigated and doesn't count as a hit. Warp Strike is incredibly powerful; My hope is that this change makes choosing it more situational and less of an auto-choose for weapons like Salvo.
- Singularities pull harder (affects everyone), and the player is slightly less resistant to the effect than they were.
- Windowed mode should now properly center on game start.
- Improved various syntax to be more accurate and consistent.
- Fixed a crash relating to Blade and Splinter Shot.
- Fixed a crash relating to Architect detonating Bastion Shield.
- Fixed a crash while toggling constructs with Architect and Shielded Constructs while using a gamepad.
- Smarter selector system for selecting constructs on gamepads.
- Fixed several instances of the mods claiming they unlocked the wrong mod next.
- Gamepads can now be detected being plugged in or unplugged if the game is paused.
- Fixed the broken link to the Leaderboards from the Settings menu.
- Fixed several cases of songs playing mono when they should be stereo.
- Fixed some memory leaks relating to jet trails.
- Fixed a bug where your self-damage resistance didn't work on Siege Weaponry and Antimatter Rounds.