Version 0.27.11 GENESIS Update (Presently on the beta branch)
Updated March 20, 2020
Please note that the new gear in this update is available to all players, regardless of account level, despite their relative complexity. The new super mods are available as soon as the first super mod is unlocked.
We'd like people to immediately begin testing them, but it won't remain this way. The next major update will likely comprehensively overhaul which upgrades are unlocked when.
- Weapon gear, Thermal Lance has been added to the game!
- Shield gear, Shockwave has been added to the game!
- Body gear, Carrier has arrived!
- Added a new super mod: Mortar
- Added a new super mod: Charged Mines
- The mine tree has been reworked and mines have been adjusted
- Auto Mines has been replaced by a new mod: Minefield
- Loaded Mines and Retribution have switched places
- Two new BGM tracks have been added to the game: Superlumen (and its Wild Metamorphosis remix, Superlumen (Warped)), and Infinitum
- Large or dangerous enemies are now announced with a HUD warning, similar to what comets use. This feature will be further iterated on in the future as enemies 2.0 progresses
- Allies that can fire your weapon can now utilize innately charging weapons (Vortex and Thermal Lance)
- Mines that can fire your weapon can now utilize innately charging weapons (Vortex and Thermal Lance) while deployed
- Vortex uses new, more sensible logic to calculate its damage and charge rate
- Vortex charge rate now additionally scales with weapon blast radius mods
- Power Reserves now reduces the malus from turn rate penalties (presently only Thermal Lance while firing)
- Rancor now works differently. Instead of the increased charge level gained being permanent, it now falls off over time. The charge level gained is ~5x greater than before
- Retribution now has a 0.5-second internal cooldown
- Mines now have a shorter fuse, which no longer resets when you upgrade
- Mines check their proximity detonation more often
- Architect now detonates all constructs if there are more than one when you switch to it
- Blades not produced by the player no longer screen-wrap
- Firefly + Rampage now combos as you'd expect
- Mayhem and Danger Zone have been adjusted, along with small aspects of the difficulty curve. The first 20 waves grant additional, but decrementing, bonus time per wave instead of only the first 10 waves. Danger Zone now affects wave speed by a factor of 0.65 again, down from 0.70. As a result, Mayhem is fast and more hardcore again, but the very early waves are a little less overwhelming
- Drones in Predator formation move 33.33% faster than they previously did
- -5% -> -7% recovery and shield cooldown on Twin Strike
- +70% -> +80% regeneration rate on Rapid Reconstruction
- +30 -> +35 base hull on Rapid Reconstruction
- +15% -> +10% hull damage resistance on Shielded Constructs
- Galvanic Outburst does considerably less damage
- Pulsar's blast attack now has far less knockback
- Temporal Shield's effect has been made ~11% stronger
Bug Fixes and Optimizations
- Fixed a case where Gemini + Absorption actually creates lethal damage with shields up by splitting a damage value less than 0 and then increasing it to 1
- Made many major improvements to game terminology and text descriptions
- Streamlined the player upgrade script and removed a lot of redundancies
- Blades now use "dynamic trails" which is far more performant, especially in extreme cases
- Medicharge takes Hypermetabolism-reserved shield and hull into account
- Fixed a crash with Priority Zero
- Vortex + Gemini now properly soft-triggers shield cooldown
- Having no weapon now prevents any mobility-reducing effects from your weaponry
- Fixed a problem where shielded constructs would be counted at the wrong moment
- Temporal shield now properly slows Pulsar enemy dashes
- Fixed many instances of things apply Corrosion but shouldn't. Player constructs, their abilities, and even some enemies self-inflicting
- Fixed some cases where Corrosion would last forever
- Fixed a mistake with how mine projectiles / Thermal Lance mines are calculated. You should see a smooth progression of projectiles, thermal lances, or pulses as your rate of fire and mine effect increases
Version 0.26.12 APEX Update
Updated February 3, 2020
Major Changes: Turret
- Turret has been given its own mod tree and removed from its original
- Turret has been given new visuals, sfx, and effects
- Added 3 mods to the Turret tree: Point Defense, War Machine, and Counter Artillery
- The turret T2 mods scale with your level, so the turret has quite a high power ceiling. Its new incarnation is designed to be stronger with less up-time, making it a construct you want to deploy tactically. To that end, its assembly time has been made longer
- Created a new mod to replace Turret in its old tree: Priority Zero
- Turrets can now be pushed around a little by the player
Major Changes: Allies
- Allies and their evolutionary trees have been retooled to give them earlier utility, more meaningful mods, more individual identity, and better interaction with construct super mods
- The Ally tree has been altered: The Ally mod, Double Team, has been removed from the game and Evasion has taken its place. Evasion was previously found in the Interceptor Tree
- The Interceptor Tree has been reworked. Integrated Weaponry, previously a T3 mod, is now included in the T1 mod, Interceptor. Interceptor has also been reworked
- Ranger has been removed from the game. The Ranger functionality is now innate to Interceptors. Flak, Torrent, and especially Pulse have closer ideal ranges, modified by either your blast radius or velocity, depending
- Outmaneuver has been added to the game to replace where Evasion previously was
- Wingman has been added to the game to replace where Ranger previously was
- Overpower has been added to the game to replace where Integrated Weaponry previously was
- The Guardian tree has been reworked. Service, previously a T3 mod, is now included in the T1 mod, Guardian. Guardian has also been reworked
- Echo Strike has been reworked
- Decoy has been reworked
- Medi-Charge has been added to the game to replace where Service previously was. Note: Medi-Charges produced by the guardian count as power-ups for the purpose of the Research gear's ability
- Allies and their evolutions now have their own projectiles and firing patterns
- Ally Specialist has been reworked. It no longer adds additional assembly and instead offers specialized benefits
- Turret Specialist has been reworked. It no longer adds additional assembly and instead offers specialized benefits
- Behavior scripts for all allies have been polished
- Overseer now calculates after Engineer's bonuses, as you'd expect
- Adjusted Architect powers 45% -> 50% construct stats, except hull. Construct hull is now 45% -> 30%
- Courser hull 90 -> 100
- Courser damage blast radius and projectile size -15% -> -10%
- Essence Sap: 1.5% -> 1% hull stored as essence. Essence now recovers hull at a rate of 10% of your maximum hull /s and can store a maximum of 5% of your maximum hull
- Bastion 130 -> 120 maximum shields
- Bastion now stores energy at 75% the rate it previously did
- Bastion innate regen formula is now less explosive at very high durability
- Galvanic deals much less damage in light of its recent ability to stack damage
- Armor Stacks once again always give at least 1 stack for "hit" damage
- Armor Stacks grant 50% stacks for self-damage
- Burning damage when used with Corrosion now generates 3 -> 2 corrosive stacks /s
- Dying Star is now considered an "ignite", not burn, and thus does not work with Essence Sap or Corrosion
- Damage scaling from Masochism and from advancing waves is now the final damage scaling event. Previously, it preceded Barrier, making Barrier (and shields by extension) feel mandatory at high waves
- Tactical Link now reduces damage from Burnout Reactors and Turret self-damage
- Vital Bond 50% -> 60% of your regeneration
- Tactical Link's damage reduction is now additive (this is a buff) (to be clear this doesn't mean it stacks with multiple sources of Tactical Link, it means it interacts additively with other sources of damage reduction)
- Vortex damage has been returned to its pre-nerf values: ~+10%
- 7% -> 10% Heavy Caliber buffs
- Leaf on the Wind time to reach full power 90s -> 60s
- Salvo base damage 45 -> 48
- Split Shot innate blast damage 50% -> 30% of base damage
- Dart now penetrates targets destroyed
- Deadly Wake is now a burn and an ignite for 120 damage /s instead of only an ignite for 240 damage /s
- Ignites now always last 3s base duration unless otherwise stated. As a result, removed some text describing ignite duration. Some ignite damage has been adjusted to compensate
- Corrosion burning damage is now considered an ignite
- Celestial Surge now ignites enemies in the same way that Celestial Lance does
- Dart, being burn damage, now applies corrosion stacks over time as per the recent change
- Halo's self-damage while burning enemies now applies armor stacks
Enemy and Wave Changes
- Shredder Mine spikes no longer fire in random directions. They now align with the spikes in the artwork. This also means that they never shoot more projectiles than are displayed
- Shredder Mines now flash when they're going to explode soon. They also project the direction of the spikes they will shoot with an effect
- Shredder Mine projectiles now degenerate, but not enough to destroy them before they leave the screen unless you have Temporal Shield
- Shredder Mine projectiles now have trails
- Shredder Mines now declump from one another
- Shredder Mines do very slightly more damage
- Shredder Mines now enter the screen more quickly but quickly slow to an overall slower movement speed
- A pair of Champion Celestials participating in a "Bomb Fiesta" was a bad time. Now, bomb frequency is lesser with more Champion Celestials on screen
- Removed the potential Elite Enemy mode Champion Eclipse spawn from wave 35. A spiral of Shredder Mines can spawn in its place
- Added a new Elite Enemy mode spawn to wave 45: It will create either a Champion Eclipse, an Elite Juggernaut, or a huge asteroid field + Vanguards
- The Elite Enemy mode spawn at wave 65 which spawns an Elite Juggernaut now also spawns a pair of Beamcasters with it
- Improved a weirdly non-threatening Beamcaster wave
- Saucers grant a little more time to defeat them
- 18 -> 12 damage for enemy Eclipse "Torrent" projectiles
- Increased wave speed scaling
- Reduced enemy damage scaling
- Turbo Tortoise has been changed from 3.0s to 3.5s since Bastion's assembly time has been increased and this was no longer possible
- Added combat log support for Discharge
- The combat log now displays construct shield damage resistance with shielded constructs on all hits
- Named the construct key bindings in customization by construct
- Purge text clarified to show how it interacts with both burns and ignites (it works with both, but benefits differently)
- Clarified various other strings
Fixes and Optimizations
- Refactored, organized, and optimized the gigantic script which updates the player when you upgrade
- Ataraxia updating your stats no longer messes with anything other than the stats it affects
- When you leave the upgrade menu, your stats are no longer refreshed unless you've actually purchased something within the "chain" of upgrades
- Banishing with the Research body now immediately updates your defenses, not just when you buy an upgrade
- As a result of the above notes, several exploits, bugs, and hiccups are corrected: Sanctuary scales properly with Bastion, Ataraxia no longer deletes or creates anything unintended, Last Stand problems are resolved, the order of operations problems are addressed (e.g. Essence Sap was calculating max hull wrong), and more
- Gemini was skirting enemy damage scaling from advancing waves for the hull portion of the damage
- Bastion was skirting enemy damage scaling from advancing waves entirely
- Gemini with Bastion Shield was also double dipping defenses for the shield portion of the damage
- Bastion no longer burns up faster than intended with multiple shielded-Bastion-constructs
- Many cases of ignites erroneously working with the Essence Sap mod have been corrected. Only "direct contact" burn damage is meant to work with Essence Sap or Corrosion
- In cases where degenerations ticked once every 4 seconds, the proper number of corrosive stacks from burning are now granted
- Fixed a mistake where enemy explosives damage would be set to 15% of the damage you did when you shot them
- Gemini now takes enemy damage modifiers and scaling into consideration for whether or not it is able to split the damage
- The achievement for Turbo Tortoise now requires you to actually be using Bastion
- The pause menu now properly reports the damage of projectile explosives
- Dart Splinters now degenerate as intended
- Fixed a few enemies missing jet streams either on spawn or wrapping
- Added a failsafe so that Armor Stacks cannot become lower than 0
- Refactored the settings menu so its cleaner and easier to maintain. In a future update, this menu and controls customizations will be overhauled
Version 0.25.3 Update
Updated December 20, 2019
- The exp curve has been smoothed out. The climb to level 20 is a bit slower, and the average player should be able to reach a maximum of about 5 levels higher than before
- The game text was given a sweeping overhaul, adjusting grammar, readability, spelling, and consistency. Localization efforts can now ramp up!
- Changed many game terms in minor ways. For instance, Hull Strength is now Hull, Shield Durability is now Shields
- Blade: Blades not generated by the player no longer collide with enemy projectiles
- Blade: 1/s -> .8/s rate of fire. Player assembled Blades bypass this restriction
- Blade now works properly with Barrage, gaining the appropriate number of projectiles from Engineer and other sources
- Homing Strike Blades no longer collide with enemy projectiles
- Homing Strike Blades now use the 3 prong blade graphic
- Homing Strike: Now adds additional time before projectiles begin degenerating
- Armor Stacks no longer require damage to "hit" in order to generate. Any damage taken will do. Damage to proc an armor stack is accumulated fractionally
- Corrosion Stacks can now be gradually applied by burn damage (not damage from ignited enemies). Hits still generate 1 stack per hit
- Essence Sap has been reworked for clarity: When you damage an enemy, store 1.5% of your damage as Essence. Essence causes your hull to recover over time. You recover hull from Essence at a rate of 7% of your maximum hull /s. The amount of stored Essence cannot exceed 7% of your maximum hull
- Masochism: +4% -> +3% damage taken from enemies
- Dying Star: 10 -> 11 self damage /s. (To compensate for constantly having Armor Stacks)
- Sanctuary: ~+20% maximum recovery rate (achieved at minimum shields)
- Charged Shot: Adds even more damage and velocity with charge time. In many cases, this is now actually a DPS increase
- Salvo: +4% Stockpile rate for each additional projectile
- Salvo: Stockpile rate now correctly uses rate of fire (this was a long-standing bug)
- Barrage: Low and high damage have been lowered by 10%
- Barrage: Barrage now extends the time before projectiles begin to degenerate, compensating for some of the range lost to projectile size
- Fusillade: -20% -> -15% blast radius and total projectile damage. +20% spread -> +15%
- Antimatter Rounds now considers 10 stockpile worth 1 projectile for the purpose of calculating self-damage, instead of 5
- Siege Weaponry: self-damage has been reduced by 10%
- Adjusted the degeneration system, making it more consistent across different weapons
- Railgun: Base damage 155 -> 165
- Flak: Fussed with the effective range in light of degeneration changes
- Self Destruct: 50 -> 25 base damage
- Overseer: -2.5% -> -2.0% thrust per your max construct assembly
- Dart: 15% -> 50% Splash damage from base damage. This isn't intended to do more than provide quality of life
- Drones & Allies: Improved avoidance of dangers. This works with and without Evasion
- Changed the logic for whether weapons are offered with Overseer. If you have Overseer, they're now offered only if you have Integrated Weaponry or Loaded Mines, but not Hidden Power
- Seraph orbs and Station Omega orbs now ramp up to their full damage over 1 second. Because these are spammed, this helps with being "insta-gibbed" by them if they're spawned on top of you
- Scion uses the new beam-lance artwork from Reflexive Shields, turns a little faster, maintains its beam a little longer, and can spawn more Beamcasters a little more frequently
- Increased some enemy base hull values. Beamcasters: 150 > 175. Tentacles: 60 > 75. Serpents: 140 > 160
- Reduced Eclipse core base hull 750 > 700
- Cargo boxes can now screen wrap for 2 seconds after their creation
Improved directional steering behavior for game pad
- Fixed the odd "jerking" motion when starting to turn
- Turn intensity compensates for the size of the dead zone
- Refactored and minimized a bunch of the player input code
- Player input handling now performs directional strafe logic
- Directional steering mode allows arbitrary strafe/blink angle
- Ataraxia now recalculates by refreshing the loadout, which fixes some problems with it. This appears to also solve the weird Research-Banish interaction
- Gamepad Controls tutorial now shows the correct right stick used for steering
- Fixed a bug where small orbs could not screen wrap
Version 0.24.4: FISSION Update
Updated November 16, 2019
* Harnessing mysterious cosmic powers, the Stealth body gear has been divided into two separate body gears: The Spectre and the Firefly
* The Spectre body gear represents the stealth aspect of the original Stealth body. It is able to cloak faster and enjoys up to a +200% weapon damage buff when fully cloaked. It is able to move at low speeds without breaking cloak and can apply a partial damage buff while partially cloaked
* When you cloak, enemies behave a bit more naturally. They will first target the location they last saw you, and then start guessing where you might be. Some enemies even fire in every direction, if able
* The Firefly body gear represents the speed, thruster burn, and self-damage resistant aspects of the original Stealth body. Its thrusters are now larger, deal more damage, are more wide-spread, and are more unique looking
* The Firefly body and the Spectre body are both available without unlocks
* The Split Shot weapon has been reworked. It has been given several new visual effects and animations, and its damage and spread has been increased while its degeneration now accelerates. Additionally, the weapon now innately deals 50% splash damage on hit to targets behind its point of impact
* Added a new recursive common Wild Mod: Masochism. Masochism grants +8% self-damage resistance, but increases damage taken from enemies by 4%. It also provides a stackable "Adrenal Module-like effect", at up to +15% increased global damage
* The effect that reduces hull damage by a flat amount has been named "plating". Descriptions have been updated to refer to this effect as such
* Reworked how waves are spawned under the hood, removing several problems. Very late waves are less chaotic and spammy, but enemies are more powerful
* Enemies now scale up their hull and damage values increasingly higher, starting at wave 120. This scaling won't be present in modes where "Endless" is not enabled, once disabling it becomes possible
* Created a combat log, which you can enable any time during the game by pressing the Backtick key, which is the key just below Escape. This feature will log all of the hits you take, and show you exactly what your defenses are doing. Currently this feature does not report self-damage or burn damage, but may in the future as I continue to iterate on it
* Created a new debug tool, the wave log. This will help us diagnose any problems with the enemy wave system, as well as show you exactly what's going on with them. If you've enabled debug mode by pressing Delete, you can toggle the combat log (detailed above) by pressing Shift + Backtick
Quality of Life Changes
* If you have stored more than one upgrade, you can choose them all before the menu closes. You can disable this feature in the settings menu
* You can now select "Directional Steering" as a gamepad control mode from the Settings menu. This makes the player attempt to face the direction you are holding on the right stick. The controls for stabilize and displace still work with the left stick. In a future patch, this too will be made directional. This has been a popular request, but I recommend instead becoming accustomed to the default steering controls
* Added support for analog thrust. Thrust strength is proportional to trigger value and Stabilize strength is proportional to stick value
* Reserved hull and shield values are now depicted with a different color on the hull and shield bars
* Burst Fire delay between firing has been capped at 1/5 of second
* Player bullets dispose in a wider range outside of the game boundaries, giving them a bit more time to reach their targets if they swing wide
* Reflexive Shields has been reworked and given a visual upgrade. Additionally, it does considerably more damage
* Sources of burn such as Discharge, other lightning mods, and Helix Orbs which did not previously stack damage from overlapping instances now do so
* In addition to its attack now stacking, Galvanic Outburst provides an additional +2% shield effect power. However, it can no longer be self-triggered in order to differentiate it from Discharge
* Regenerative Shields now applies its effect 75% to shields and 50% to hull, up from 70% and 30%
* Death Blossom and Emergency systems now require your shield to protect you, not your constructs. Shielded Constructs now blocks Emergency Systems from appearing in the upgrade pool
* Shielded Constructs flat hull and hull increases +5 -> +10 and +5% -> +10% respectively
* Hypermetabolism has been reworked. It now reserves hull and shields instead of reducing them. Its increased regeneration values have been reduced, but since the maximum value from which they are derived is no longer reduced, the resulting values are similar
* The Defiance mod has been reworked, as it was allowing certain builds to achieve immortality. It turns out that "plating" is an extremely strong modifier when stacked high
* Defiance self damage reduction +7% -> +4%
* Defiance plating 1 -> .5
* Defiance now additionally resists recoil and thrust-reducing effects by 4% each
* Celestial Lance damage and self-damage have been reduced by 10%. The damage and self-damage now ramp up over time the longer the aura is maintained through fast movement
* Loaded Mines and Death Blossom were scaling more than intended from added projectile modifiers. These mods now use a new formula
* 4% -> 5% global damage per unspent mod for Ataraxia
* 85 -> 90 base hull for the Research and Engineer bodies
* -15% -> -10% shields for the Research and Engineer bodies
* 80 -> 100 base shields for Siphon Shield
* 65 -> 70 base shields for Temporal Shield
* Blade splinters no longer collide with enemy projectiles
* Blade splinters now degenerate and decelerate faster
* Blade splinters now reduce hull by an additional 25%
* Warp Strike damage malus for screen-wrapping 5 + 15% of your defenses -> 5 + 10%
* Velocity and Snipe each provide 5% less of an increase to projectile speed. To compensate, the base velocity of most weapons has been increased by 10%. Railgun, instead, had its base damage increased. These mods felt like too much of a shoe-in for certain weapons to hit a usable threshold
* Antimatter Rounds self-damage decreased about 5%
* Rupture now does what it says it does (3% of enemy maximum hull as blast damage. Was actually 2.25%, and erroneously reported 3%)
* Drones, Allies, and Turrets take their target's size into account, which increases their likelihood of firing when close or overlapping
* Gyrogun bullets accelerate and have a lower starting speed. They degenerate, as well
* Barrage now fires from a circular spread instead of a rectangular one
* Rewrote the "declumping" code which prevents enemies from stacking on top of you. It now looks nicer and more elastic
* Reduced the damage over time from Spitfire orbs. They also take considerably longer to explode / hatch
* Spitfire now moves and reverses less quickly, making it less punishing for close-range builds
* Seraph hull reduced a bit
* The logic for choosing a common and rare Wild Mod in the upgrade menu has been rewritten
* Fixed a long-standing bug where the wave would elect to advance despite there being an enemy spawner present (but no enemies)
* Fixed Hives getting trapped off-screen (fourth time is the charm?)
* Purification wasn't healing the player in most cases, it is now functioning again
* Dart now triggers Eclipse Shield retaliations
* Pausing doesn't interrupt Death Blossom anymore
* Prevented Skirmish from proccing in edge cases where you can't fire, but somehow do anyway
* Fixed several strange interactions of Bastion Shield and Reflexive Shields
* Fixed a crash related to Ally targeting
* Fixed a "leak" with Celestial Shots getting stuck off-screen causing slowdown
* Fixed odd Minelayer shield behavior
* Fixed a typo preventing strafing or displacing left from working on game pad
Version 0.23.8: WILD METAMORPHOSIS Update
September 30, 2019
- Wild Metamorphosis has been added to the game! It can be enabled from the Loadout menu. At least temporarily, this Challenge Mode is not gated behind any unlocks
- 12 common Wild Mods have been added to the game!
- 12 rare Wild Mods have been added to the game!
- Wild Metamorphosis now plays the remixed version of the 6 standard BGM tracks! Later, this may change to be a mix with the other tracks, and may not play in this order
- The Research ship has learned a new ability. It now gains 1% total Hull Strength and Shield Durability for every banished mod (through any means)
Quality of Life Changes
- Hidden Power now refunds your Weapon Gear upgrade point, if you spent one
- Rapid Reconstruction now refunds your Shield Gear upgrade point, if you spent one
- Shield Gear is now selected before Body Gear
- Improved the visuals and transitions for upgrading
Blade Weapon Changes
- Blade has been reworked. Blade can now be utilized by other constructs, Burst Fire, Siege Weaponry, Saturation Fire, and Barrage
- Blade's stats have been changed. As a result, Blades created by the player are effectively the same power they previously were, and 25% weaker and 15% smaller when deployed by other constructs. Blades deployed by constructs also do not fire submunitions
- A Burst-Fired blade is deployed one at a time instead of in a spread
- Blades (and any future constructs) not deployed by you cannot be shielded or employ shield effects from the Shielded Constructs mod
- Blades have a rate of fire of 1/s for the purposes of all calculations. When deployed by the player, this is effectively bypassed at the cost of using assembly and construct limits, as usual
- Blades attempt to return to their launcher. If a launcher doesn't exist, they take 60 hull damage /s
- Architect stat bonuses and limitations only apply to Blades it directly created (For example, Blades created by an Ally construct won't be beefy or be detonated by Architect's ability, but the Ally construct which fired the blade will be)
- Pulse has been reworked and has received new artwork, which occludes visibility less
- Blast-based weapons (currently only Pulse) now fire in a cluster when used with Loaded Mines. The number of Pulses created depend on your rate of fire and mine effect modifiers
- Pulse now works with Barrage (As it has no primary projectiles, it will Pulse once and then barrage the secondary projectiles)
- Pulse secondary projectiles are now affected by most anything that would alter size, homing, velocity, and so on (including Cloaking, Charged Shot, Skirmish, etc.)
- Pulse secondary projectiles are now affected by Splinter Shot
- Pulse was double-dipping modifiers to blast radius. This is no longer true. The base size has been made larger to compensate, especially the outer ring, which is now considerably larger
- 135 x2 -> 180 / 90 Pulse base damage. This means that the inner ring now deals twice as much damage as the outer ring (66.67%)
- Pulse shards are now smaller and deal 50% of the damage of the inner pulse
Gear Balance Changes
- Vortex has been made more consistent with other weapons
- Vortex base damage has been reduced ~10%
- Shields, apart from Bastion, have had their cooldown made faster by .5 seconds
- Shields with cooldown are now more resistant to having their cooldown reduced by damage
- Helix shield spawns 3 orbs at a time instead of 2. A full rework of this shield is pending
- +3% -> 2% total construct assembly speed per downed construct for Engineer body's innate ability, Priority Zero
- 90 -> 100 Halo shield durability
- 135 -> 130 Bastion shield durability
- 90 -> 85 Research body hull strength
- -10% -> -15% Research body shield durability
- 80 -> 90 Courser body hull strength
Other Balance Changes
- Essence Sap max hull rate recovered 6% -> 5%
- Antimatter Rounds base and scaling self-damage has been reduced slightly
- +30% -> 25% total bonus for Singular Strike
- Apex Machinery malus for construct assembly time +100% -> +70% (this is a buff). Bonuses to constructs 25% -> 30%
- Tactical Link is now a binary buff. If you're in the radius of an Advanced Construct, you and that construct have 8% hull damage resistance. It works on Bastion, even though it does not display a radius
- Player and drone projectiles don't collide with dead objects anymore. This makes a difference with weapons such as Flak which fire many projectiles at once
- Loaded Mines now uses a different formula for calculating how many projectiles it should create. It works similarly to the Wild Mod, Death Blossom. Projectile count scaling and a projectile floor results in roughly the same power level for heavy weapons and a stronger result for high projectile count or high rate-of-fire weapons
- Loaded Mines now varies the speed of projectiles with most weapons
- Weapon recoil is now an additively stacking property
- Burnout Reactors no longer increases the damage of Self Destruction. Adding the ability to scale with burn damage is more than enough
- The mechanic which governs how much shield effect and radius is lost based on how many constructs it is spread across has been made less generous
- Capped player speed at 75 pixels per second
- The enemy boss, the Seraph, has had the damage on its orbs and Tesla mine reduced
- The enemy boss, the Spitfire, now summons Pulsar enemy adds
Version 0.22.4: MAYHEM Update
June 27, 2019
- Increased the maximum Account level to 59
- Added a new super mod at Account Level 54: Displacement
- Added a new super mod at Account Level 55: Burnout Reactors
- Added a new super mod at Account Level 56: Singular Strike
- Added a new super mod at Account Level 57: Barrage
- Added a new body gear at Account Level 58: Courser
- Added a new challenge mode at Account Level 59: Mayhem
- Changed the default windowed mode size to 1440 x 810
- Nova Drift received a huge overhaul to the way text and descriptions are handled. It is now very easy to maintain, write, and translate. The stage has been set for international localization!
- 2% -> 1.5% Essence Sap recovery
- Self destruction has had its scaling adjusted, and now hits once instead of twice
- Most instances of weapon blast radius scale less from damage
- Vortex now scales with rate of fire modifiers, and has had its base charge rate reduced proportionately
- Vortex can now be used with Burst Fire, with a behavior identical to Burst Fire Charged Shot with other weapons. As a result, it also works with Barrage. Folded its firing logic into the standard script
- Flak now has a slightly improved range, and waits a moment to begin degeneration. Its spread has also been reduced slightly
- Siphon's base shield radius has been slightly increased
- Purge now uses 100% of an enemy's ignite instead of 75%
- Drone movement speed 5 -> 6
- +25 -> +30 Rapid Reconstruction base hull
- Flak waits additional frames before degenerating, making it more resistant to size-reducing effects
June 4, 2019
New Gear and Mods:
- Added a new Body Gear: Viper
- Added a new Weapon Gear: Dart
- Added a new Shield Gear: Siphon
- The Efficiency and Thruster trees have been restructured and have become three trees, with four new mods. The trees are now called: "Kinetics, Efficiency, and Movement"
- Added a new mod: Kinetic Boost (tier 1 Kinetics)
- Added a new mod: Blink (tier 3 Movement)
- Added a new mod: Conversion (tier 2 Efficiency)
- Added a new mod: Regression (tier 3 Efficiency)
- Aegis, Celestial Lance and Emergency Systems moved to the Kinetics tree
- Blink replaces Emergency Systems in the Movement tree
- Conversion replaces Celestial Lance in the Efficiency tree
- Gemini Protocol becomes a tier 2 mod in the Efficiency tree, replacing Aegis
- Regression becomes a tier 3 mod in the Efficiency Tree, replacing Gemini Protocol
- Rebirth and Magnetism have been removed from the standard mod pool (they are slated to possibly become Wild Mods)
- Base magnetism has been increased to compensate for the loss of the Magnetism mod
- Ally takes the place of unlocking Magnetism
- Kinetic Boost takes the place of unlocking Rebirth
- Dart, Viper, and Siphon shield are unlocked at Account Level 51, 52, and 53 respectively. You will need to play a bit to earn them
Other Major Features:
- Enabled Steam and game screenshots with F12. The game will add your screenshot to your C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\NovaDrift\ folder (not ideal, but it's a temporary solution) Steam screenshots are kept on your profile
- Mouse, Keyboard and Gamepad now cohabitate without changing the settings. If you want to use the mouse or gamepad, just start moving it. Keyboard controls resume if you stop moving the mouse or gamepad stick. If automatic mouse aim detection is interfering (or you have a track pad) you can disable it in settings with "Disable Mouse Aim Detection"
- You may now cancel an upgrade at any time. If you do, you will be offered the same mods as the last time when you do upgrade
- If you do not cancel your upgrade, rerolls and successive levels will never show you the same mods in a row if it can be avoided
- Added new sfx for big bosses approaching, the player's launch, Dart, caustic Barrier, Venom Strike, and Siphon
- The score menu now accepts up to 16 characters, like its 1990
- Calibrate has new artwork
- Added a colorful, more noticeable aim-scope
- Mouse controls now uses a proportional derivative controller
- Lowered the base friction of the player about 5%
- Updated the pause readout. It now shows your DPS, which also has a section for the DPS assuming all projectiles hit. It also calculates doubled projectiles (Torrent and Blaster) and burst fire in the equation. It does not consider secondary effects or projectiles from weapons, such as Dart's burn or Grenade's cluster munitions
- You can now hold control to add larger increments in the debug wave interface. Hold Ctrl for +/- 10 waves at a time. Hold Alt for +/- 100 waves at a time
- Sanctuary's recovery now scales with shield durability. The result is about 30% better at very high durabilities, and about half of what it was at the lowest durabilities
- Hullbreaker now must face its target to penetrate (Just as Viper must face its target to deliver Caustic Barrier)
- The sub-ability of Omnishield which enables a partial shield cooldown when you've taken damage during an existing shield cooldown has been made a core ability, at a lesser power level. Taking Omnishield now doubles the effectiveness of this ability
- Shield Size now scales visually with both your base ship size and ship size modifiers, including Bastion size and distance from your nose
- -15 -> -10% body size modifier for Streamline (in light of the addition of Regression)
- Purge has been reworked. The formula has been adjusted to properly consider the individual duration and potency of each burn instead of multiplying everything together. Purge's size now uses a square root value to prevent it from growing out of control. Using purge now results in 75% of the damage you would have dealt, had the damage over time been allowed to run its full course
- Warp Strike continues to have far too much sway over the balance of the game, so I've dealt with it in a different way. Its damage penalty now applies only to projectiles which have screen wrapped. These projectiles deal -35% damage. It is still very powerful
- Warp Strike penalty now deals you 5 flat damage to hull and shields in addition to 15%. This cannot reduce you to below 1 hull and shields
- -10% -> -12% rate of fire for Warp Strike
- Barrier has been reworked. The new rules are: Barrier removes damage to your shields exceeding 35% of your maximum shield durability, up to a limit of your maximum shield durability
- -50% -> -30% Rocket Drones fire rate penalty
- +25% -> +30% drone hull from Reinforced Drones
- 7 -> 6s Drone Assembly time
- -90% -> -85% Omnishield hull penalty (this might limit the insanity of self-triggered retribution mines builds)
- +50% -> +45% architect bonuses
- 1s -> .75s Emergency Systems duration
- 10 -> 12 iFrames for collision on Non-hullbreaker bodies
- -10% -> -15% projectile size for Convergence
- Burst Fire has been reworked. It now adds a flat delay between burst fires (.04 seconds) and a general +20% increase to rate of fire. The result is that mod has different values for different loadouts. Generally speaking, it is now slightly detrimental for very fast firing weapons, and efficient for very slow weapons. Middling weapons like Dart benefit reasonably well from it. The rate of fire increase also benefits things like Charged Shot, Salvo, and Loaded Mines, etc. The pause readout will show you the effect on your DPS for your particular set up. I realize this has strange implications for a few things, which can be addressed moving forward
- Incendiary Strike no longer has a rate of fire penalty
- Blink is now a prerequisite to Warp Strike instead of Guidance (This seems more thematic to me, and adds an effective higher mod count requirement for builds that really want to push weapons to the limit)
- Calibrate rate increased slightly
- 15 -> 18 Antimatter Rounds damage bonus
- Antimatter rounds deals 5% less self-damage
- Antimatter Rounds self-knockback reduced considerably
- Corrosion deals +10% base damage
- -15% -> -10% weapon damage for Corrosion
- Saturation Fire is now considerably better at reducing weapon spread
Bug Fixes and Optimizations
- Myriad syntax, text, and UI improvements
- Optimized texture atlas
- Optimized homing code
- Optimized discharge code
- Optimized trails, it is also now possible to taper and use multiple colors in jet trails
- Fixed Scion projectile origins
- Fixed a bug with splinter strike where it was improperly inheriting size modifiers from whence it came
- Fixed a bug where you couldn't detonate your Bastion with Hidden Power Architect on gamepad
- Fixed a freeze with the gamepad with Architect Bastion under weird settings circumstances
- Fixed another gamepad freeze related to construct selection
- Fixed a bug with Volatile Shields excluding the initial target
- Fixed a problem where partial cooldowns didn't work at all with Omnishield
- Fixed a problem with reroll powerups being deleted
- Split shot now degenerates properly
- Fixed a bug where Turret utilized Rocket Drones explosions
- Fixed a bug where parts of Station Omega could be Terminated
- Fixed Antimatter Rounds text exceeding its bounding box
- Overseer now properly displays itself as a prerequisite to construct Super Mods
- Fixed a crash with Blade's artwork
- Clarified and corrected a few achievements
- Fixed Stealth jet stream alignment
- Fixed a crash relating to trails and Blade Drone
- Fixed a bug with infinitely wrapping Warp-Strike Railgun projectiles
- Fixed some incorrect tags on descriptions.
- Elite chance is now correct if you teleport using debug cheats
May 8, 2019
We've successfully migrated the game from GameMaker Studio to GameMaker 2! This is a huge leap forward in stability, portability, support, and performance. Additionally, we can now compile to Linux and OSX using the native compiler, and its a step closer to console ports!
Naturally, with an engine transition comes different problems for different hardware configurations and software. I can say with confidence that more people are now able to play on this version than than before, but some people did encounter new problems. Most of them have easy solutions, such as restarting, disabling third party software, white listing on antiviruses, or reinstalling. Problems with OBS can be solved through OBS configuration settings. Failing that, please contact Chimeric directly with problems:
Construct Balance Changes
- Made a large revision to how construct rate of fire and assembly speed modifiers are applied. Modifiers now actually do what they say they do. Previously, a large amount of this was misleading and resulted in the critical mass of construct power we saw in the previous patch
- Constructs now aim at targets using a PD (proportional-derivative) controller. It gives aiming some ease in and ease out (Its smoother in appearance)
- The Engineer and the Architect have been further balanced. While there may appear to be a huge defensive gap between them, this comes as a result of the comparatively huge "effective defense" increase of spamming constructs everywhere. Additionally, Architect's overlarge size has been considered
- 90 -> 85 Engineer base hull strength
- -10% -> -15% Engineer shield durability
- 40% -> 50% Architect construct bonuses
- 115 -> 120 Architect base hull strength
- Overclock now ramps up-- and back down-- more gradually
- +50% -> +40% total rate of fire increase from Overclock
- 180 -> 150 Ally hull, back to their original hull values (to compensate for their enhanced functionality)
- Ally basic weapon rate of fire 3/s -> 2/s
- Overseer has lost its generic 10% increase to assembly speed, but retains the scaling aspect
- Shielded Constructs +10 to base hull becomes +5 to base hull and +5% hull strength
- Amp shield's effect now fully benefits shielded constructs, gaining additional benefits from being near hazards. Note that this works for Blade Drone
- 25 -> 22s Turret assembly time
- 32 -> 30 Ally assembly time
- 8 -> 7s Drone assembly time
- Turret hull strength 70 -> 100
- Pursuit formation drone speed 2.5 -> 5
Gear Balance Changes
- Research has been overhauled, and no longer provides an experience bonus. It turns out this benefit was mostly illusory anyway, due to the nature of the exp curve. Instead:
- Research now allows you to banish mods from the mod pool by spending a reroll
- Research no longer gives you double rerolls
- 70 -> 85 Research base hull strength
- -30% -> -15% Research shield durability
- Added a banish tutorial element / button
- Torrent has been overhauled, and is now handled as a "twin" projectile, like the default Blaster. The following changes make it less "spammy" and more performant, while remaining effective with greater damage and more useful bullet positioning
- Torrent spread now affects pairs of Torrent projectiles, and not individual projectiles. This results in a more aesthetic and useful spread, especially at very high projectile counts, or when used with spread-reducing mods
- 8 -> 3 x 2 Torrent projectiles
- 16 -> 20 Torrent damage per projectile
- 5.25 -> 4.25 Torrent velocity
- Torrent projectiles degrade more slowly, but also start slightly less large. They are overall more persistent.
- Targeting rate has been accelerated for fleeting projectiles which degrade (Torrent, Flak, and especially Pulse secondary projectiles)
- 65 -> 75 Grenade base damage
- 10% slower Grenade base fire rate
- Grenade proximity detonate radius 25 -> 20 (trying to find the right balance between utility and allowing the enemy inside the blast radius)
- Grenade clusters have ~5% more range
- 16 -> 17 Split Shot base damage
- 11 -> 13 base spread / projectile for Railgun
- 6.75s -> 7s Amp shield cooldown (Still tier 1, but tied with Warp)
- 7s -> 7.5s Default shield cooldown (Still tier 2, now tied with Halo)
- 18% -> 15% velocity and spread improvement for the Assault body
- Changed the way Blast Radius works for non-blast innate weaponry. The added splash damage now ignores the original target (As a result, Blast Radius no longer results in Corrosion getting double the stacks for such weapons)
- Blast Radius no longer decreases the damage of the initial hit at all
- Splinter projectiles now exclude the original target as well. Screen wrapping projectiles are able to hit once again. This also helps with Torrent's corrosive tyranny
- Corrosion spread works differently now. When an enemy with corrosion stacks dies, it adds stacks equal to its hull times .02, and then divides the stacks evenly across all targets in its radius
- Corrosion radius increased 160 -> 175
- Corrosion base damage per stack .02 -> .035
- Corrosion decay rate factor per duration .92 -> .85
- TL;DR Corrosion changes: It's less extreme with spammy weapons, and less bad with heavy weapons. Blast radius matters far less for optimizing it. Its worse at single target damage and better at proliferation and clearing, though it no longer proliferates out of control
- Hidden power, regenerative shields, and several upcoming Wild Mods now use a new percentile modifier to regeneration rate instead of adding a flat rate like other regeneration mods
- 12 -> 15% Convergence velocity and rate of fire penalty
- +50% -> +75 weapon spread increase from Convergence
- 0 -> +10% weapon spread from Homing Strike
- Rancor's charge boost has been reduced considerably
- 25% -> 20% total damage boost for Blitz
- -18% -> -20% hull and shields for Apotheosis
- 4 -> 3 base rerolls
- 35% -> 30% of your shield cooldown for Emergency Systems' minimum duration
- 9000 -> 9001 singularity damage per second to enemies, as per request
- Seraph boss warp blast radius increased
- Scion boss accelerates after spawning a black hole
- Scion are now immune to the pull of black holes
- Scion spawns Beamcasters slightly more often
- More hull for Pulsar, Spitfire, Scion, Tesla Mine, and some Warbringer parts
- Pulsars and Wardens enter with less speed
- Less hull for Constructor Barrier-Drones
- Champion Serpents turn less quickly while firing their laser
- Enemy speeds and chances to become elite or champion above wave 100 advance faster. This is a temporary solution until stronger enemies and uber bosses are added
- Set a new, more consistent precedent for Splinter Shot's projectile count and power levels
- The game settings now have a new toggle for controls style: Analog and digital. Digital is how it previously worked. Analog lets you get a little ramp up on keyboard, and on Gamepad it utilizes the stick sensitivity. Analog controls allow finer aiming, but take some getting used to
- Added a few more tips to the game over screen
- The Warbringer music "Ares" has been updated
- Random asteroid adds are 10% more frequent
- Comets spawn with greater position variance
- Dozens of optimizations and improved game structure
- Toned down the brightness of the red sun background element which was causing visibility problems
- Hidden Power and Mastery now have more useful descriptions
- Thanks to the engine migration, the game no longer crashes at restart or game end!
- Interceptor's bonuses were accidentally applied in Integrated Weaponry instead of Interceptor, this has been fixed
- Turret no longer cease fires at very high rates of fire
- Fixed a Blade blast radius interaction crash
- Fixed a problem with Scion and the temporal effect
- Fixed a problem with Terminate proccing over and over on Station Omega (and actually potentially healing it!)
- Rapid Reconstruction no longer blocks Emergency Systems from being selected
- Fixed a crash with emergency systems being unable to find a dead player
- Retribution no longer bypasses Architect's one construct limit rule
- Fixed a bug with Railgun blast radius scaling from damage for both the base size and the growth rate
- Fixed a problem with Splinter and Homing Strike projectiles escaping the screen boundaries
- Fixed massive slowdown encountered at very low fire rates with Discharge. This is also a general optimization to Discharge
- Blade splinters can no longer be an emitter for discharge using Shielded Constructs
- Rewrote the high score save system, fixing a problem with saved scores being scrambled or misrepresented. Unfortunately, we cannot restore previously corrupted scores
- Removed the Early Access buttons until we can prevent the game from being flagged by antiviruses for opening links
- Fixed a problem where the player could be deleted if you paused during a certain time inside a black hole (!)
- Fixed a problem with the pause menu being invisible at a certain time while inside a black hole
- Players inside a black hole are invulnerable to further damage from other sources once they've entirely lost control
- Hives should no longer get stuck off screen
- Fixed dozens more caused by the transition from GameMaker 1 to 2. Too many to list
- Nearly completed the upcoming changes in the following mod trees: Movement, Energy Manipulation (formerly Efficiency), and a new tree, Kinetics. This change includes restructuring of these trees, and four new mods: Kinetic Boost, Blink, Regression, and Conversion. These changes are coming soon
- Made some progress on the upcoming Wild Metamorphosis game mode and Dart weapon. 7 Wild Mods have been completed.
- Created an upcoming Super Mod: Barrage
- Coming soon™: Directional facing controls as a third option for Analog and Digital control styles
April 6, 2019
This is a very aggressive batch of changes. Expect various tweaks to these values as we play test over the next few weeks, and probably a hot fix or two.
General and Quality of Life Changes
- The game has been zoomed out 5%, providing more room to maneuver. This feels right to me, but the change has a lot of subtle effects on game balance, so overall difficulty is something to observe moving forward. (Dynamic zoom is planned for the future.)
- The Settings menu now asks for confirmation before wiping your progress or high scores.
- Some of the faster enemies enter the arena with less initial speed. This, combined with the previous change, should make getting blitzed from off-screen somewhat less of a concern.
- Added an early access popup menu to the game providing useful links and information for new players.
- Burn damage numbers will display your burn damage over 1 second if you have "Show Damage Numbers" turned on in the settings.
- Salvo missile stockpiles now have a graphical HUD element.
- Experience orbs from enemies scatter a bit depending on the size of what spawned them.
- The default values for settings have been changed, defaulting to "Auto Deploy Drones" and "Show Enemy Hull Bars".
- Windowed mode, when toggled from the Settings menu, sets the window to a 16:9 aspect ratio instead of scaling from your monitor dimensions. More dynamic options are planned for the future.
- Added a better "finder" for when you screen wrap. There is much more work to do regarding player visibility.
- You won't lose your experience orbs as easily during the Scion boss fight.
- The Warbringer now has its own boss music: "Ares."
- Salvo jet trails have been optimized, and now are also included on Salvo Splinters. Drone Rockets also now have jet trails.
- The OSX version of the game can now enter debug mode.
- Game controls are now displayed longer.
- The Game End menu now displays your damage taken and highest damage dealt.
- Confirming your Upgrade with "fire" no longer fires your weapon.
- Continued to reduce the most excessive screen flash and blending cases.
- Further preparations for the engine switch to GameMaker 2 have been made.
- Various optimizations, particularly to jet trails, projectile targeting, Essense Sap, and constructs.
Game Balance: Constructs
- Drones and Allies now lead targets with their weapons, and are far more accurate as a result.
- Drones and Allies try to stay outside of the radius of their targets.
- Drones and Allies attempt to avoid hazards slightly.
- Allies with Integrated Weaponry have a less severe rate of fire penalty for your weapon, (potentially achieving very high values with Overclock, Architect, and other construct rate of fire boosts).
- Drones and Allies are better at multitasking. Defense Drones can target in Rampart formation, and Guardians can fight while approaching a healing target.
- Constructs have smoother transitions when moving between formations and targets.
- Elegant Construction now has +.4% total construct assembly speed per your level.
- Overseer now has +10% faster construct assembly speed in addition to its construct count scaling element. Additionally, its slowing debuff has been increased from -2% -> -2.5% per standard and advanced construct assembly total.
- +18% -> 20% hull damage resistance for Shielded Constructs. It now also has +10 base hull.
- Apex Machinery now has +15% shield effect power.
- 110 -> 115 architect hull.
- In light of changes to assembly speed, 12 -> 14s Bastion Shield base assembly time.
Game Balance: Self Damage
- Siege Weaponry has been revamped. It no longer damages you until you've fired twice in succession. It now uses a different formula for dealing self-damage independent of when you fire, meaning it is equally aggressive regardless of your rate of fire or chosen weapon. Additionally, the rate of fire curve has been reworked, providing large increases up-front and tapering off over time.
- Saturation Fire now fully replaces the calibrate effect, calibrating while you're ramping up siege weaponry and granting reduced spread, increased velocity, and increased targeting at a reduced value compared to standard calibrate.
- Antimatter Rounds has been adjusted. The flat self-damage it deals has been increased. This mod is potentially extremely strong, and was designed to be a balancing act of value between rate of fire, projectile count, and DPS. As a result, its less "safe" on very rapid fire weapons.
- Antimatter Rounds is less exploitable by Salvo, which now uses a modified formula to compensate for the fact that its base cost is almost entirely circumvented by the stockpile mechanic.
- Weapon self-damage that scaled with your adjusted rate of fire now scales with your weapon base rate of fire.
- Previously, a bug existed where your self-damage resistance didn't work on Siege Weaponry and Antimatter Rounds. This has been fixed.
- +5% self-damage taken from Celestial Lance.
- 25% -> 20% self-damage resistance for the Stealth body gear.
- Self-damage resistance for hull and shields are now displayed on the pause menu.
- Drones with your shield receiving self-shield-damage hits (discharge) now properly create Helix orbs on them instead of you.
General Game Balance
- Temporal Shield's shield effect has been reworked. It is now integrated better with the global enemy speed increases over high waves. Additionally, Elites, Champions, and Bosses resist the effects in more consistent ways.
- The Stealth body gear now gains +20% total weapon damage from breaking stealth.
- Channeling 2% -> 1% total shield effect per armor stack. As a multiplicative effect with a max stack of 50, this was way over tuned.
- Knockback Resistance now also resists any recoil from weapons and mods.
- Certain enemy powers were hit too hard by the inclusion of i-frames. To compensate, Scatterdrone, Pulsar, and Seraph bullet damage has been slightly increased.
- -15% -> -18% hull and shields from Apotheosis.
- -80% -> -75% hull and shields from Last Stand's reincarnation. The explosion damage has been increased greatly, and you have three seconds if i-frames after being reborn.
- 15% -> 12% Terminate "cull" threshold.
- 20% -> 25% Blitz bonus on full hull.
- -10% -> -15% rate of fire for Splinter. Splinters deal slightly more damage. This change was made to improve performance and reduce screen clutter.
- Splinter is now more generous with submunitions, for instance allowing Grenade more clusters per splinter.
- Hullbreaker's recovery rate bonus now works on Sanctuary, as it should (hooray?) And text describing this bonus has been made more consistent.
- 115 -> 120 base hull for Battery.
- Vortex is now able to trigger Terminate.
- Rancor has been toned down considerably. It's still very potent.
- Warp Strike no longer reduces your hull and shields. Instead, it has a new drawback: Screen wrapping yourself removes 15% of your current hull and shields. Removal can't be mitigated and doesn't count as a hit. Warp Strike is incredibly powerful; My hope is that this change makes choosing it more situational and less of an auto-choose for weapons like Salvo.
- Singularities pull harder (affects everyone), and the player is slightly less resistant to the effect than they were.
- Windowed mode should now properly center on game start.
- Improved various syntax to be more accurate and consistent.
- Fixed a crash relating to Blade and Splinter Shot.
- Fixed a crash relating to Architect detonating Bastion Shield.
- Fixed a crash while toggling constructs with Architect and Shielded Constructs while using a gamepad.
- Smarter selector system for selecting constructs on gamepads.
- Fixed several instances of the mods claiming they unlocked the wrong mod next.
- Gamepads can now be detected being plugged in or unplugged if the game is paused.
- Fixed the broken link to the Leaderboards from the Settings menu.
- Fixed several cases of songs playing mono when they should be stereo.
- Fixed some memory leaks relating to jet trails.
- Fixed a bug where your self-damage resistance didn't work on Siege Weaponry and Antimatter Rounds.